What Type of Hydraulic Oil does the Jack Use?
The hydraulic oil used in hydraulic pumps and hydraulic jacks has a great effect on the performance of tools. The internal oil of the hydraulic jack is 32# or 46# anti-wear hydraulic oil, which is stable in oil and meets the requirements of tools.
Several factors that we mainly consider when choosing hydraulic oil:
- Appropriate viscosity, good viscosity-temperature characteristics: Viscosity is the first factor to consider when choosing hydraulic oil. Under the same working pressure, if the viscosity is too high, the movement resistance of the hydraulic components will increase, the self-priming ability of the hydraulic pump will decrease, and the pipeline pressure drop and power loss will increase; if the viscosity is too low, the volume loss of the hydraulic pump will increase. The internal leakage increases and the oil film of the sliding parts becomes thinner, and the supporting capacity decreases.
- Good lubricity (wear resistance): The hydraulic system has a large number of moving parts that need to be lubricated to prevent the wear of the relative moving surface, especially the higher pressure system, the anti-wear performance of the hydraulic oil is much higher.
- Good oxidation resistance: The hydraulic oil is also oxidized during use. The acidic substances generated after the hydraulic oil is oxidized will increase the corrosiveness of metals. The sludge deposits produced will block the filter and small gaps, causing the hydraulic system to work abnormally. Therefore, it is required to have good oxidation resistance.
- Good shear resistance: As the hydraulic oil passes through the pump, valve orifices, and gaps, it has to undergo violent shearing action, causing some macromolecular polymers in the oil, such as tackifier molecules, to break and turn into small molecules, which reduces the viscosity. The oil can no longer be used if it is reduced to a certain level, so it is required to have good shear resistance.
- Good rust and corrosion resistance: Hydraulic oil is inevitably exposed to moisture and air during use, and acidic substances generated after oxidation will rust and corrode the metal, which will affect the normal operation of the hydraulic system.
- Good demulsibility and hydrolytic stability: The water and condensate mixed in the hydraulic oil from different channels during the working process are affected by the hydraulic pump and other components.
- Good foam resistance and air release: In the oil tank, because the air bubbles mixed in the oil circulate with the oil, it will not only reduce the pressure of the system and deteriorate the lubrication conditions, but also produce abnormal noise and vibration. In addition, the air bubbles increase the contact area between the oil and the air, accelerating The oxidation of oil requires hydraulic oil to have good anti-foaming properties and air release properties.
- Adaptability to sealing materials: Due to the poor adaptability of the hydraulic oil and the sealing material, the hydraulic jack will cause the sealing material to expand, soften or harden and lose its sealing performance. Therefore, the hydraulic oil and the sealing material are required to be compatible with each other.